Saturday 21 July 2007

Ontario/ Geraldton

Sunday, June 10, 2007

It's nice being on the road again. People haven't forgetten us. In fact one man said, "I seen yah as I go up and down and then you just disappeared."

Not all folks are friendly. Some are indifferent. Some fishermen at one of those glorious northern lakes by the highway are concentrated on their work. No distraction, not even a moving monk would cause a divergence. I appreciated the sense of focus.

I contemplated the benevolent birch tree. At one resting moment,I observed the straight upward direction of one white-barked birch. It's non-bending stature offered it's curls of bark. Ready to be peeled off, these excellent natural parchments are just what Yovany was thinking about using as an artists canvas. He actually brought some paint and brushes with him. Let's see if he makes a go of it.

We camped at Macleod Provincial Park. which had everything a camper could dream of, so far as the pristine lake water and vista is concerned. The loons confirmed this comfortable spot by their awesome calls.

There came a point where the three of us had to define our job descriptions once again and to take responsibility for one's task. Doug is the media man, accomodation arranger, videographer and chaffuer. Yovany is the kitchen-in-charge person, massage therapist, and my occasional walking companion. I am the walker, chanting leader, media spokesperson, etc. We are all philosophers.

11 kms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I met you in Geraldton while you travelled. It was at the "waterfront", where I was able to help out by unlocking bathrooms. I just wished to share with you that meeting you was an incredible experience. I wishes to share that after you left Geraldton and reached Winnipeg, my friends told me they had also met you at Assinaboine Park, where you all did sangat. I just found it amazing that my friends were also blessed to meet you, and how small the world really is.