Saturday 21 July 2007

Ontario/ Smooth Rock Falls

Tuesday, June 19, 2007


As is the case of the north, many paper mills have closed down like the one at Sooth Rock Falls. Mining has also been on the decline in some areas. This means that people are forced to move to other places to earn their livelihood. People mobility does happen, but rarely on foot. There is an obsession for the automobile.

A woman who just recieved her degree in Fine Arts was on her way back home after completing her course. She had read about the cross country pilgrimage walk and when she spotted me, she pulled over and offered to show me her Croc footwear similoar to mine. She was entolling the glories of a walkers dream to be in light, airy footgear. But more than that she took interest in the 'feat' itself, the walk.

In Kapuskasing, the interview at The 'Moose' CKAP 101.9 FM went well.

Oh, the wind today is a blessing. It keeps the flying criiters away.Even if there was no wind, I accept the matter of biting objects as an austerity program which is always conducive to the life of a monk. Swatting the mosquitoes in our tent before resting becomes a regular activity. They are rather dull creatures. One of these agressors is smashed between our hands and yet the one surviving next to the deceased one is not aware that he is about to be executed as well.

OOps! One just flew into my mouth and I swallowed it accidently. I hope that doesn't mean that I have broken my vegetarian vows.

50 kms

No comments: