Monday 20 August 2007

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 Quebec border
It is the last day in Ontario. I started today's trek in a place called Monkland. This is not to be facetious. It's true. MONKLAND...and it's located by Angel Road. I asked a woman about the origin of these names. She was a local and didn't know how to answer-only that "it looks like spirits are following you."
Well good spirits did follow me today. Three chaps who do renovations pulled over. They were in the highest spirits, excited about seeing 'the guy on TV.' There were a lot of people like this. In Alexandria, I met Bob. He is the town's gardener. Bob is blind and he was pulling weeds and knowing of them by their texture. His handicap did not damper his spirits. I met a couple who just graduated from teachers college. They were commited Christians. When we discussed the soul's transmigration as an act of God's compassion in giving the living entity (the soul) several chances at life itself through reincarnation, they had to agree.
Doug and I had spotted some domestic Elk behind a farmer's fence. They were "cool' with their majestic horns. Although animals, they are spirits as well. I also met a person who could recite the meditation mantra 'Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare.'
In Alexandria, Steve Warburton of the Glengarry Times interviewed me.
42 kms

No comments: