Thursday 23 August 2007

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 Granby, Quebec
Doug tells me a funny story."I contacted a local TV station this morning. As my french is very limited (bonjour & merci), I had difficulty
communicating with the first two people I spoke with. I told the third person I talked to that I was travelling
with a monk who was walking across Canada. She said she would get back to me. After a short while I recieved an
enthusiastic call asking when they could cover the story and by the way...."is it a monkey or a gorilla your
travelling with?""Excuse me?" I said."A monkey or a gorilla?""No, no--a monk...a holy person," I reiterated, at which point we both cracked up realizing there was a language
barrier.
Simon came out with Vedavyasa to join me on highway 112 at Granby. Eric Patenaude from L'Express came to the park
where we were picnicing to do an interview.
Our day was capped off with a home visit to Sylvain Oulette, who had stopped and talked to us on the highway the
previous day. He was familiar with us and our philosophy and had been to some of our festivals over the years. We
met his Chinese wife, May, and their one year old daughter, Satya. They asked us to conduct some chanting and we
happily did so.
45 kms

No comments: