Friday 7 September 2007

Wed., Sept. 5, 2007 Charlottetown, PEI

The temperature has dropped substantially. I left Doug at our host's place sleeping as the events of the previous night kept
celebrants of Krishna's birth up til 1:30 AM.
I walked in the brisk morning air to the downtown, passing by the government building where Confederation was signed for Canada to
bcomee an independent nation.
In front of a radio station, rock music was filtering out of speakers. I recognized the music, "Sweet Dreams" by Annie Lennox and the
Eurythmics. I recalled meeting her in the early eighties. While in town for a concert she came to visit our ISKCON center. I had cooked
samosas for her and members of her band. She was a lovely person and not just an entertainer.
The broadcasters on the other side of the glass at the radio station gave hearty waves as I reciprocated. A meter man collected
coins from parking meters and asked as I walked , "Hey aren't you the guy walking?" We exchanged more but the chill this morning
pushed everyone on to their business as it did in this case.
Global warming, well I don't know! It is nippy for September. However one man I met on the trail two days ago told me his son is a
mountie in the North West Territories. His son informed him that grizzlies have moved into a traditional polar bear zone. This is indeed
a symptom of global 'warming.'
Today is the birth anniversary of our guru, His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. At noon a small group of devotees
gathered to participate in remembrances of him on this auspicious day. I would be like a dry well if not for him coming into my life. Our
small event occurred at the Hariharan residence before Doug, Billie and I headed back to Nova Scotia.
All respects go to guru.
12 kms

No comments: