Sunday 4 November 2007

Cuba to Canada

Thurs. Oct.3/07
Cuba - Canada
I am leaving Havana and flying back to Toronto.
I will not miss the diesel fumes spewing out of exhaust pipes. And I will not miss dog dung on the streets. But I will miss Cuba on the whole. The fine features of the place are the absence of billboards and ads of sexploitation, avocadoes, the Spanish architecture of Cathedrals and old model cars. I find the real treasure of Cuba is the people. They are genuine, warm, and display mutual respect for one another. In my communication (as best as I could do considering the language barriers) the exchange was great during walks. The saffron robes were a delight for many people. I was not seen as a threat or even any kind of tendency as such. I am looking forward to future visits.
5kms

No comments: