Tuesday 19 February 2008

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sat. Feb. 16, 2008 - Ujjain, India
The train sounds faintly in the distance. It is 3:10 AM and it could well be 3:10 PM and the same train could likely be heard. Trains are prevalent in India and they have been a vital conveyance for moving people for at least a century or more. The train experience as a passenger is a colourful one. If you are not on a first class wagon and end up on a lesser status it is easy to feel like cargo at a time in the push for space. For the moment I am joyful to be free on the open street, Dewas Road, mobilized by my legs or the converse, being mobilized by my legs. Particularly every hour there is an automobile or a scooter that passes by and so quiet prevails which is so conducive for walking and chanting. My chosen route is the immediate area of the temple going "goom goom" or round and round. It is never my intention to be private but visible. As a monk our life should be an "open-book" or "like a reality TV show", a message that came out of today's seminar. At this hour in the morning who might be watching my moves? The answer is that there are plenty of security guards at particularly ever property site noting that I am there walking and chanting. I am not alone ever. There is always someone watching - the sun, the moon, people, animals what to speak of God in the heart.
6 km.

No comments: