Wednesday 13 February 2008

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sun. Jan 13/08 - Miami Florida
My previous day was a joyfully busy-morning sadhana, a brief administrative meeting, an anna prasanna, a ritual for offering a baby’s first grains; a drama workshop to yoga students; a home visit, and a large satsang, a chanting session for a hundred people.
Today was more relaxed. At the Toronto airport Terminal 3 a black Jamaican fellow asked about Hare Krishna. He was surprised that most members are not monks but are family people. The flight to Miami was catch-up time on sleep. Once I arrived it was local devotees to meet, a lovely meal, a two hour rehearsal on a skit for the Sunday open house. I was asked to lead the chanting session, then give a talk (about dhrama) and then host the skit to a surcharged audience.
My evening stroll at Coconut Grove allowed time for reflection on my ailing father. In a poor neighbourhood some folks were taking in the last few minutes of the day with ease on their front porch. Like the fellow at the airport they were curious about Krishna. “Why not say something?” I thought, despite the hour. So I did.
5 kms.

No comments: