Thursday 7 February 2008

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thurs. Dec.20/07 - Saranagati Villages, British Columbia
As usual when a wood chunk is fed to the fire the crackling sound and dancing flames are ear and eye pleasers. Dillon had just finished feeding the fire and being the perfect host catering to the needs of his almost shivering cold guest (me). Dillon’s cousin, Robert, had also come back from work to put his day to some closure. Both fellows admitted to a trite shyness being before a swami but I told them not to worry about a thing. “Throughout my whole life I have always been shy, that makes three if us”.
I had bused it on a five and a half hour ride from Vancouver to get to this serene location nestled in the B.C. mountains. While the boys who are in their mid-twenties prepared a simple dinner for us I was reading aloud from the Bhagavad – Gita, a chapter of the Mahabharat, in commemoration of the anniversary of when the Gita’s Holy dialogue was spoken. I came to the section where Arjuna expressed an apprehension to move forward in executing his duty to fight. Arjun was shy about it.
“Arjuna worried about the celestial weapons he would use, fearing they might somehow hurt even the soul. “ As I read on the answer was clear in regards to alleviating any such fear. No weapon whether fire, the wind, water, or a sharp-edged sword could damage the soul.
It was a full day spent for the three of us although done so in different localities. We had come together in the evening by the fire and my meeting these two young men for the first time finished on a satisfactory note hearing of such sublime words from the Gita.
7kms.

No comments: