Saturday 29 March 2008

Friday, March 14th 2008

Friday, March 14, 2008 - Lenasia, South Africa

My trek to the Lenasia temple started off on good footing. It just so happened that Flora, a middle-aged black woman who is hired by the temple, met me at a juncture of two streets and was also taking to walking all the way down. I was fortunate to learn of all the shortcuts through this walking companion. I notice that the blacks walk more in South Africa than the whites and browns. That is to their credit.

Many things were accomplished today. One of the young men, Angel, booked me to use my voice as Morpheus and Neo from the Matrix and Master Yoda from Star Wars. Initially when he asked if I would do it I was apprehensive, for his online play called “Illusion” he required a more North American accent so I consented after he had me view some of the films. Truly I’m not keeping up with these character heroes. Culturally I froze in ’73 when I joined to become a monk. But I “winged” the voices. Angel was pleased.

In the evening a healthy turnout of members came to the temple for an informal program. We held an exhilarating chanting session and people felt some positive inspiration at the subsequent talk about the cross Canada walking glories.

7km

No comments: