Wednesday 16 April 2008

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday, April 6, 2008 - Brampton, Ontario, Canada

I was occupied with a wedding in the morning. Congratualtions goes to Aravind who married Tosita. Aravaind is a young man who engaged in one of my plays at Lakehead University. While one person is married another soul is conceived into a womb, another one is born and still another passes into a new body. Yesterday one of the members of the Toronto centre perished. Paval was a polish immigrant who was a humble man who always demonstrated a passion for bhakti, devotion. Cancer struck him and forced him to move on to continue on with what he had been doing. A simple but positive person is always an asset to a community. He will be sorely missed.
After a talk at the Brampton centre and before another in Toronto I ventured down one of those ravines common enough in the area. The winter is making a closure and many people are outdoors today, walking, biking, or pushing strollers.
One woman I met in the ravine was walking backwards. This captured my interest so I asked her if she is following a trend. “In China people have been doing this for centuries. They say it draws out longevity and activates both the right and left side of the brain.”
I would not argue with that. At least she was going forward in a backward way.

7km.

No comments: