Sunday 6 April 2008

Thursday, March 27th, 2008

Thurs. Mar. 27, 2008 – Over Africa and the Atlantic

Yesterday was Saritha’s funeral. Bless her soul! The newspapers are carrying headline captions in regards to her passing. Naturally the event was of a very serious nature. Thus far we are informed that it was murder and a senseless one. Within the community there is mixed sympathy and apathy. Almost everyone you talk to has had crime inflicted on them in one form or another. I remember at one rehearsal for a drama that I directed here two years ago one of the community sctors arrived late because on his way over he was mugged. Another fellow playing the monkey hero, Hanuman, also came late because when he left the house for the driveway his car was missing all four tires. This is South Africa, a land of saints and swindlers. Somehow or other I came each year to this place of dualities. Somehow there is a big attraction here with the colossal festival, a combatant to the negative energy that exists.
I am spending little time on my feet today. For the following 24 hours it was time in the air – so little walking on foot but plenty of mental walking. I have on my mind rich thoughts about future projects to come. It is difficult to rest on the plane but my mind explodes with creative thoughts on how to advance a spiritual culture with cultural spirituality.

0 Km

No comments: