Tuesday 24 June 2008

Monday, June 16th, 2008

Monday, June 16th, 2008 - Cloverdale, British Columbia, Canada

I had been interviewed at a television studio for a live-to-tape session on a program called "Search" to do with exploring faiths. Raif Mair, the host, fired off questions in reference to many gods for instance. Response: "God is omnipotent and therefore has the power to manifest many forms although essentially is one."

He also asked about our view on women and their role, about Arjuna, Krishna's warrior friend in the Bhagavad-gita, which I referred to as our Bible. He really wanted to know why a Caucasian person would take to this eastern philosophy and how one may get involved. I mentioned that for many people, spiritual life starts with what they see, hear or read. Of course, an all attractive feature of life in Krishna Consciousness is the chanting. Like many faiths, people come together to sing hymns or recite incantations. Overall, the interview went alright.

The late afternoon left me with crammed personal sessions with people. My remark on people today is that the Creator made humans so complex.

While walking earlier this morning on a trail and under the sky train, a skunk passed in front of me and I broke into a grin. I thought, "Somehow you are lucky. You have been made to be simple. When you evolve to become a human, complexities will overtake you."

7 km

No comments: