Monday 9 June 2008

Thursday, June 5th, 2008

Thursday, June 5, 2008 – Atlanta, Georgia, USA

America! America! What is happening to America? And here in Atlanta, a progressive city, lug in the software industry, headquarters of Coca-Cola, the seat of mega news network CNN, with plenty of trees to pretty it up shows another side. I remarked to Vedasar, our Krishna Conscious servant- leader at Druid Hills that I’m seeing lots of obesity due to under utilization of leg. I’m interested to see with gas prices soaring so high it may compel people to re-discover walking again.
On a late evening walk from our centre on Ponce de Leon Ave. I came upon few pedestrians with two thirds of them asking me for a quarter or more. Timothy Cummins, a homeless person decided to accompany me. He gave me a sense of security as the area was somewhat dubious. He constantly referred to me as churchman. It dawned on me that people drive cars perhaps because it’s safe. If this is one of the reasons for the obsession then I would say that this is a sad sign of the times.
Again, such a progressive nation and city! The airport here has 230,000 people going through it every year. All eyes and ears have been on an interesting political race for the democratic part with Obama as the victor. People are concerned about a failing economy and a new leader gives hope.
Spirituality is a darn good channel at this time.
9 Km

No comments: