Monday 21 July 2008

Tuesday, July 16, 2008

Tues, July 16/08 - Orleans, Ontario, Canada

As usual early morning gets the greatest attention. Prior to 4:30 am I was approached by a curious cab driver with a Muslim background. Also a young corporate type fellow asked questions and admitted he had his own path. That is fine. I’m glad they were both open-minded enough to talk and compare notes. That happened in Toronto.

The bulk of the day was spent in transit on the way to Orleans Theatre just outside of Ottawa. We were scheduled to perform our show ‘Dharma’ in the evening. The two young men were familiar with the first principle which translates as Indian Standard Time. The joke is that for social/religious events you show up late by habit. Well, I made sure to be on time and this enabled me the time I needed to sit down with the technical crew. Patience wore thin as I saw 2 ½ hours pass by from the agreed upon time to meet our youth bus (tour) or busters.

Their excuse had been bungie jumping. I was disturbed inside my mind but after a good performance all agitation dissolved. Our guru, Srila Prabhupada, spoke of patience as being like almonds or coconuts. They take their time to get ripe but once maturity has evolved it is very satisfying.

10 km.

No comments: