Saturday 23 August 2008

Sunday, August 17th, 2008

Sun. Aug.17/08 - Scaraborough, Ontario, Canada

If there is anything that is painful for someone who relishes walking it’s being crammed in a tiny confinement. My travels which fall under the non-pedestrian category include air travel. It’s like prison being in a plane. Car travel is the same but less constricting. For the last few days I have been bed ridden, another form of imprisonment. I pulled a muscle in the lower back which made me as stiff as a board. The bright side of invalidity is that plenty of visitors will stop by to offer their good wishes and of course, advice. Suddenly everyone turns “doctor” and your room turns into a pharmacy with everyone’s personal recommended internal or external treatment.

The main therapeutic touch however, is rest and relaxation which is what I am doing. Swimming is one of the recommendations and something close to me as a recreational outlet. I have no qualms about dipping into Lake Ontario, one of those great lakes. An old time monk friend Baladev, advised that I not venture there because of the pollution propaganda. Yet I went to a nice a spot at the bluffs in Scarborougho and found it to be pleasantly clean (water and beach). I would take this venue any day in the summer over a chlorine/urine infused pool. Thank-you!

To be able to do effective service to others and to God our health is a priority but when that fails we can surely do service by chanting.

10 km

No comments: