Friday 14 November 2008

Thursday, November 13th, 2008

Thurs.Nov.13/08 - Toronto, Ontario.

My early morning leg work took me through trendy Yorkville, close to our ashram. “Buddha Forever!, remarks a young fellow as he walks by.

A drizzle began. Another passerby in a giddy mood expressed in hi jovial way, “Hey, isn’t Krishna gonna protect me from the rain?”

I ventured into Chinatown much later on after cooking a large meal at the ashram looking for a personal filing cabinet. While scouring place to place on Spadina Ave. some folks would greet with a nod. From a large window of Lord Lansdowne Grade School students waved. An oncoming class (on foot) about to enter the school yard respectfully gave way for me to walk the sidewalk. “Good afternoon!” was the greeting from three boys at the end of the line.

Four native fellows sitting near the Friendship Centre noticed the passing robes, “Hey that guy’s got a dress on!, ” said one.
“Correction, robes!” was my response.

I stopped by to see a friend, Kuladev, a brazilian, who runs three vintage clothing shops. In his younger years he also tread the path of monastic life and was highly successful at selling vedic literature in Rio, on buses of all places.

It was a great morning and afternoon of human interaction. I’m glad to be alive and to be a monk, a servant to all.

I did find my filing cabinet by the way.

11 Km

No comments: