Thursday 22 January 2009

Saturday, January 17th, 2009

Houston, Texas

I couldn’t contain myself. I just had to reveal my southern drawl over the mic.
“Y’all get ova hea!”
Tomohara had given me the mic and Asked that I open the meetings with a chant and so to rally the troops of divine leaders the group of forty or so assembled together to do what we much believe in-chanting. We chanted and we danced in a folkish style in three separate circles with space that the Gauranga Hall could accommodate.

After reaching a crescendo we sat down for a sobering session. A presentation regarding the book publishing house BBT and how it’s operation is being threatened. For many years it has been the largest book publisher of vedic philosophy in the world. Further details I will withhold however, I can say that the divine scare brought on quite the discomfort amongst us.

It has become somewhat a given that the walking monk, your humble servant, does not attend all sessions during convention times. I’m occupied some of the time with preparing the drama for a Sunday performance. Whenever assembling one of these plays there are always dramas within the dramas. In our practice with the youth we reached a critical point- our main lead role, Gopal, a diety (icon ) that was to unfreeze as a statue and become an animated dancing boy had to be reconsidered . Yes, it sometimes happens that at the eleventh hour stage fright could consume a player and hence the director (me) must search for an alternative.

The young boy, 9 was not able to come up to his own expectation. By 1 AM we had some alternative ideas but all we met was a bunch of tears from several young actors back stage. What to do? The show must go on!
“Let’s pressure our sincere intent. Sleep on it. Call on Krishna for an answer and an answer will come.”

4 Km

No comments: