Thursday 22 January 2009

Sunday, January 18th, 2009

Houston, Texas

I felt quite guilty having been absent from the morning philosophical class. Based on the book Srimad Bhagavatam. I really do enjoy hearing and enjoy delivering a message from this sacred text. Friday morning had been my turn to speak. While I had been reporting about the young boys stage – fright I had been feeling the same fear for many years when offered the chance to speak before peers. No problem in front of a new audience or juniors but for years and years the subtle me inside has encountered major internal avalanches. Or at least tensions rise and things get all knotted up inside.

Somehow I passed the test, spoke from the day’s verse and what was on my mind, (perhaps heart as well) and received so ,many favourable comments afterwards from peers. Even at the age of mid-fifties you may have some hoops to jump. I suggest that you never stop trying to jump. Once you do, you’re dead.

For many of the youths in the drama, “The Witness”, many of them rather young, performing before audience was also “a big deal” . It was that chance to overcome natural fear which can feel like standing naked before the whole world. The effort of the combination of both Houston and Dallas budding artists was highly rewarding.

The story of , “the Witness” is about two walking pilgrims, one young, another old, who end up finding their own truth to self- fulfillment. It was a great pleasure writing the script based on a true story detailed in the Bengali text, “Caitanya Caritamrita” translated into English by our own guru, Srila Prabhupada.

8 Km

No comments: