Tuesday 10 February 2009

Tuesday, February 10th, 2009

Dear Readers

I am sorry I have not been able to update the walking adventure, there is a good reason. For the time being my walking has come to a halt and I am confined to a hospital bed in Burlington. I received an infection on the right foot after an encounter with a catfish. I am spending time to heal the foot.

As I am looking out the window of the hospital room overlooking Lake Ontario, it's a beautiful scene, there are geese that fly by my window and below I can see a park. I can see the home of the famous historian Joseph Brant. I can see people walking and I envy them somewhat. How we take our feet for granted.

The foot is somewhat painful but I will get through it by God's grace. I have not logged any kilometres since last Wednesday when I was in Guyana on the beach. I only hobble to the toilet. That's the only walking I do. But certainly increasing Mantra Meditation. If you have time a little prayer for my recovery will be much appreciated.

Your servant,
Bhaktimarga Swami

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Maharaja Hare Krsna. Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Your servant,
Namacarya das

Jahnavi said...

Haribol Maharaj, just wanted to say how much I appreciate your posts - always so insightful and inspiring and such wonderful writing. I really hope you regain your good health very soon so that you can continue your world changing walking!

Sincerely,
your servant,
Jahnavi (UK)

Anonymous said...

Hare Krsna Maharaja ... wow ... very serious indeed. I hurt my own foot over a year ago. It literally took months to recover, but still I'd take slow walks. My prayers and thoughts are with you on your rapid recovery there in Burlington G.H. Now I have reason for increased japa rounds! Haribol!

Bhakta Robert [Loodje]

Anonymous said...

Dear Bhaktimarga Swami, Please accept our most humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. We are so sorry to hear about this and we are praying for your quick recovery. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Your humble servants,
Rama Dasa & Vaidehi Devi Dasi
Cleveland, OH, USA

Bhakta Randy said...

Please accept my humble obeisances.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!!!

I have just heard of your mishap dear Maharaj. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You always are, but especially at this time. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Bless you!
Hari Bol
Bhakta Randy

Jahnava dasa said...

Hare Krishna H H Bhaktamarga Swami.

I offer my prayer to you after stepping on a a catfish......
I am hoping you are mobile soon.(I sent you a email hope it arrived)
Jahnava das.

JF said...

Dear Maharaj, please accept my most humble obeisances and best wishes for your quick and full recovery.