Thursday 21 May 2009

Monday, May 18th, 2009

Victoria Day

Toronto, Ontario

The sun drew many people to the streets and trails, its Victoria Day, a holiday and so people were leisurely walking, gardening or sipping coffee at outdoor cafes. I chose Mount Pleasant Cemetery as a walk through connecting ravines, the belt line trail (an old railway line) and Jewish community residential areas as promenade place.

In a ravine a young dude asked, “Where is it from?” referring to the robes. “from India” I said.

“I ask because I had a custom made set of clothes made for me in Mumbai. I love India it’s wicked man." Said the young white dude. The dhoti (lower garments) is very comfortable.

Further on down the trail another male Caucasian greeted me with a Namaste. The world is slowly changing, and the west is opening its doors to Eastern ways and to and Eastern salutations.

A man from Goa got off his bike to say “I know about your marathons” From there on we struck a friendly jog.

On and on it went.

When weather works and people are off work for a day, you have a perfect recipe for happiness. People just come closer to God in such a scenario.

I made a spontaneous house call to a family, lay members of our community. Their son and daughter Shawn and Julie are bright gifted kids, recognized for their studious nature, upcoming scholars. That’s always a good feature to have in your community, bright young, fresh youths.

14 Km

No comments: