Thursday 23 July 2009

Monday, July 20th, 2009

There is nothing too Difficult

Toronto, Ontario

Today was clean up day from all the messy build-up after the Festival Of Chariots. It was a lot of work and even though I’m a Swami I still keep concerned and get personally involved in temple co-ordination due to the heavy demand. There is always much to do but generally nothing is too difficult.

I was on the phone offering a moment of thanks when my god-brother Krishna das extended a gift to me, a copy of Srutakirti’s book,

“What is the difficulty?”

I had a copy before and relished reading it but ended up giving it away to a congregational donor. With Joy I now have a copy again. I couldn’t remember the reason for the title. So I read at the opening.

At page one the author describes:

“Hundreds of devotees squeezed into the temple room (Brooklyn,1971) And tried to get as close to Srila Prabhupada as possible. After kirtan (chanting) WE SIMULTANEOUSLY BOWED DOWN TO OFFER OUR OBEISANCES. This made the room even more cramped. I started to get up before the person behind me accidentally placed my posterior on his head. This startled him and he rose very quickly, pushing me forward with great force right into the side of Srila Prabhupada’s vyasasana (SEAT). My hands and head landed directly at his right side.”

“'what is the difficulty?', He asked me."

This slogan if you will, “What is the difficulty?” can be applied to practically any challenging situation. Try It!

3 KM

No comments: