Sunday 11 October 2009

Wednesday, October 7th, 2009

Light Flight

In the Atlantic Air

Well, before boarding a flight headed for Delhi and Indore, I had the pleasure to meander with two monks from the ashram, up and down residential streets near the temple. The ground walking is so essential to balance the air travel ahead.

Once reaching the Toronto airport and waiting I acquired a paper to catch up on the world. A front page article covered a story about a Japanese carrier that asks its passengers to take a trip to the bathroom before climbing aboard. The reason? They figure that for each flight they could reduce weight to the amount of up to 247 kilograms – the weight of 3 average men thus reducing fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.

Lightness did dominate the flight in the air in another way. A couple from Toronto in front of me took with them their set of baby twins, the boy in blue, the girl in pink. Behind me a girl, 3 years old, kept striking me with force on my bald head. I didn’t think much of it in the beginning but when she applied greater force I alerted the mother who was immersed in watching the screen in front of her. Once I got her attention the woman thought that the hitting was rather cute but as the girl repeated the action I did plea with the mother for peace. I almost felt guilty about this because the mom gave fairly harsh chiding to her youngster. The couple with the twins were laughing at the episode and I also broke into, well at least smiles.

As you travel east to Brussels you skip six hours. Sleep is next to impossible so I chant and observe the passengers and I always, always try to see that these people are all spirit souls, part and parcel of the Supreme. For me that makes the plane ride lighter.

6 Km

No comments: