Tuesday 10 November 2009

Sunday, November 8th, 2009

The Road and the Sea

Kent Bridge, Ontario

My memories are fond of just the night before when another packed house outside of Detroit came to hear of Krishna’s pastimes. The morning is engulfed in mist as I Trekked by the side of Long Woods Rd. inching my way forward to see the house where I spent my babyhood. Then Devadatta drove up to my spot. A call came in which caused me to transfer my thoughts. The message came from a devotee whose car just got totaled when a large deer lept in front. The deer was spontaneously killed leaving the driver shaken.

I did get to see the house of my infancy and also to see my sister, Rose Ann and her partner Jim.

Although I paced by corn and cabbage fields my mind gravitated to the sea and a Bengali poem written by our guru, Srila Prabhupada. The translation to section 3 of the piece called, Vradavana Bhajan;

Froth on the Sea Water

The froth upon the seawater
Arrives one moment and disappears the next;
The play of maya’s worldly illusion
Is exactly like that.

No one is actually a mother or father,
A family member or relative.
Everyone is just like the froth on the seawater,
Existing for only a moment.

Just as the froth on the seawater
Dissolves again into the sea,
The body made of five elements
Merges again with these five elements after it dies.

How many fleeting forms does the
Embodied soul take in this manner?
His so-called family members are only related
To this temporary external body.

5 Km

No comments: