Monday 7 December 2009

Friday, December 4th, 2009

In The Right Queue

Edmonton Alberta

“I would really like to wear saffron cloth someday soon”, expressed a young man, Nelson from BC who recently joined our Montreal center. He walked with me a stretch expressing his desire to switch from his white robe to the cheerful saffron color.

“Just be patient and the color will come. Work these details with your mentor in Montreal what does he say? “

“After six months I can change.” He said.

“More important than the color is our eagerness to serve”, I said in pep talk to him.

“Saffron tint as you know is for one in a serious celibate role and if you desire to be married then you go back to white. But remember dress is external. It’s what is in the heart that counts.”

I appreciated he was eager to jump at the next step on the ladder of spiritual evolution. At least he had incentive. He was standing in the right queue to develop his spirituality.

Speaking of standing in the appropriate queue that evening I was waiting at the wrong departure gate for a flight to Edmonton I was paged over the speaker in the airport but I could not hear the page. Finally I was found by an airport assistant. One thing led to another and I just made it on time to an Air Canada flight. Slightly embarrassed I stepped onto the plane and was greeted by a smiling caucasian flight attendant, who said : “Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare"

She had the whole mantra down I was astounded! Most people don’t get beyond saying "Hare Krishna”

I say she was standing in the right queue.

4km

No comments: