Monday 8 February 2010

Sunday, February 7th, 2010

Looking!

Mayapura, West Bengal

On the topic of bhakti, devotion, my good friend from Ireland, Pragosh, who heads up our leader's Team Building Committee slipped over to me some folded pieces of paper with names of peers on each one. I was to choose one. So I did, like you would from a hat. Whatever name is bore in that paper is your secret service person -to put it more clearly "secret devotional service" person. How innovative! You are not to have the person know whose name you have. The task is to serve that person in some way without him or her knowing who you are.

This smart little endeavour is supposed to enhance your devotional propensities. If your recipient cannot detect who is doing the service he or she does not get the chance to say thanks. You serve without motivation, without recognition other than what Krishna witnesses.

Most of today's trekking is on the campus here at our international headquarters between buildings. It's not really what I call walking but it is something.

The curse of having a cell phone, is that it reduces walking time. It may be efficient but it's definitely not healthy. I do not carry one and that's very intentional. If I need to find someone I'll go looking for him.

In the world of Vaikuntha all are searching for the Divine. They look on foot. The very reputable Goswami's of Vrindavana in their mood of separation were searching for Krishna who wasn't easy to find. They were going on foot in a labour of love seeking the lotus feet of Krishna.

3 KM

No comments: