Saturday 28 April 2012

Thursday, April 26th, 2012

A Letter

Toronto, Ontario
Like last year the response from Notre Dame Secondary School was phenomenal. This time around I again received a wave of thank you messages. Here's one to read. It's from Kimberly, one of the students there:

Hello Bhaktimarga Swami,
I was at the presentation you gave at Notre Dame on Tuesday and I want to thank you for coming. Not only your presence but your great personality and outlook on life inspires me. Before you came, I did not understand the life of a monk and what they do. I thought they had little fun and were limited to doing many things. After you presentation I have learned that the life of a monk is not limited and does have fun aspects. You were able to put a smile on my face while dancing and enjoying the mantra. The next morning I found myself singing it. Thank you for taking your own time to enlighten us on Hare Krishna faith. When you asked, "who are you?" I thought so hard to answer the question. Even though I was not one of the people to answer aloud this stood out to me the most.

Understanding that we are our 'soul' or 'atman' connected with me. I want to be the best person I can be. You're presentation has reminded me to make sure I do everything I can to fufill my dreams and always help others. I hope your walk across Canada brings you happiness and I hope I will have the oppurtunity one day to do something as courageous as this.
Thank you for making my day.
Thanks Kimberly!
6 Km

No comments: