Monday 8 October 2012

Saturday, October 6th, 2012

I Read A Passage
 
Brighton, Ontario
 
At the Lotus Heart Centre I read a passage to our group comprised of devotees from across Canada, “O best of the Brahmans, without saintly persons for whom I am the only destination, I do not desire to enjoy My transcendental bliss and My supreme opulences.” These are the words of God according to the book, Bhagavatam, 9.4.64.
 
To increase His own bliss he calls on the co-operation of followers and in doing so they also taste that satisfaction that every living being is looking towards.
 
A key word in the purport or explanation of the passage by our guru, Srila Prabhupada, is ‘co-operation.’ In our union we can accomplish wonderful things. I was hearing presentations by various members at our retreat and I personally was feeling a great inner joy at the talent and fine sentiment expressed. We are basically gathered here to enjoy a kind of bliss through each other’s company, through each other’s vision and through some challenges shared as well.
 
By the end of the day we sat for South Indian dishes, sambar and idlis, and then to the sound of bhajan music before retiring. I have my spot up the hill in a rustic wooden cabin but sleep wasn’t there to grab me until much later. The stars guided me through the trails at the hill’s zenith. The coyote’s howls nearby demonstrated their synchronized ways. The moon pierced through the cloud-covered sky. The opulences of the Supreme were shining through like anything. There was an authentic bliss.
 
6 KM

No comments: