Thursday 18 October 2012

Thursday, October 18th, 2012

Well Wishes
 
Etobicoke, Ontario
 
Nikil picked me up to take me to his home. I shared with him the recent events of talks I’ve been giving to different groups at York University, ISKCON Centre, Bhakti Lounge and Mitch’s class from a high school group. I used his home as a launching pad before embarking on a flight to India.
Nikil has been getting serious about spiritual life. He’s crazy about teachers or gurus, Madhavacharya and Ramanujacharya. Just reading about their lives and accomplishments really enthuses him. He was also thrilled about me coming to his place where his wife and daughter took a break in their routine life to indulge in hearing a sadhu (monk) for a few hours on the flight to Tirupati.
I can’t claim to be of the caliber of the aforementioned gurus and I never could propose to be anywhere near them in depth of realization. What I am obliged to do, and have the pleasure of doing, is to impart what little I know about life’s treasures, in other words, the spiritual ride of life. Then, I ask him in turn to impart the same information to others.
To quote from a verse that we studied this past Tuesday from Bhagavatam 7.6.24, Prahlad says:
“Dear young friends…show mercy to all living entities by enlightening them in devotional service. Become their well-wishers.”
10 KM

No comments: