Saturday 16 March 2013

Friday, March 15th, 2013

Groups
Mayapura, West Bengal

Today I connected with several groups of people- Russian actors, dancers and performers wanted to hear my method of performance- and there were more. An entourage of Chinese devotees converged at the community center to make their life commitment to bhakti. A sannyasi monk, Nrsimha Swami, awarded initiation to several. I was there to see one of our girls from Toronto, Rashi, accept initiation at the same gathering. Her new name is Radha Bhakti. She was happy for sure.
I also connected with 60 pilgrims from the Ujjain area. They wanted to meet, being guided by a sisya of mine, suta Goswami Dasa. This brahmacari monk is rather incredible. He does a circuit of villages and spiritually motivates people. The attendees, who came to hear about my encounters on pilgrimages in Canada, all hail from villages in Madhya Pradesh, a state in India.

I was given a half hour to lead chanting at the Kirtan Mela, the festival of the Maha Mantra. I teamed up with Ajamila, a Bengali partner I have teamed up with for two decades. Two excellent drummers, Vananvali and Gauranga, were there to inject a bit of love into our chanting endeavor. I found myself in the midst of hundreds of kirtan enthusiasts. They certainly didn't hold back on the main ingredient for spiritual success- eagerness.

Finally, I completed the course on 'Guru Training.' Our class of about twenty received our certificates.
So it was great to mingle with the various groups of different backgrounds. Here we apply the philosophy of 'unity through diversity."
The central part is Krishna.

5 KM

No comments: