Monday 22 April 2013

Friday, April 19th, 2013

Impressions of Ram’s Day

Toronto, Ontario

On the auspicious day of Ramnaumi, Ram’s birthday, I had asked some of our ashram members their impressions I’d like to share what were the high points for them on this day.

Dharma Prana: “In the drama I really had fun seeing the nose cut off on the demoness.”

Hayagriva: “The look of Ravan, his outstanding makeup did it for me.”

Maha Mantra: “What was inspiring for me on this day was seeing Krishna Das’ stamina playing the drum for 2 ½ hours in our chanting party on the street at Yonge and Bloor.”

Jeff: “I was distributing Bhaktivedanta Book Trust books on the street and I was so happy, I was smiling so much it started to hurt.”

Sahil: “Sing Lung did a very animated and convincing deer in the drama.”

Katrina: “I enjoyed seeing a baby on the stage so composed.”

Uttamananda: “It was great to see all the guests.”

Yura: “I was overjoyed about the food cooked by Raj Grover. It was delicious and had zero chillis.”

Kanad: “I was nervous as the cook that there might not be enough food.”

Virginia: “My highlight of the day was to see Lisa do the theatre makeup in such a short time.”

Hemanga: “I liked when Ravana pulled out demons from the underworld in the play.”

Deva Datta: “The high point of my day was serving a devotee, Keshava.”

Manish: “It was great fun being in the kitchen serving.”

Kamalini: “I knew people would be surprised when I would come on the stage as the demoness, Soorpanakha, the lusty seductress, Soorpanakha, because I’m usually perceived as being very straight and chaste.”

Jamuna Jivana: “I was happy to engage some of my tattoo clients in service at the temple.”

Bala: “I was just overall happy on this day.”

Krishna Das: “When I gave some guy the book, ‘Easy Journey to Other Planets’, it was the high point for me."

Apurva: “I was at the Canadian Tire hardware store when a young lady saw me in robes. She was very inquisitive and this gave me bliss."

Bhaktimarga Swami (The Walking Monk): “It gave pleasure to my ears to be receiving such positive impressions. Of course, I’m not surprised."

7 KM

No comments: