Monday 3 June 2013

Sunday, June 2nd, 2013

Dump the Fat

Montreal, Quebec

Bonjour, and hello to Montreal.

My dear friend, Gokulananda, picked me up at the Megabus Station. This place can’t be more than 3 or 4 kms from my destination, the ISKCON Centre on Pie Neuf Blvd, yet it seemed to take forever to get there. The reason? Streets were barricaded in many directions for motorists to make way for thousands of cyclists.

It’s an annual event here in Montreal. The spirit is more or less ‘Go Green’ when over 10,000 cyclists scoured the streets for hours. You ask my opinion? It’s good! Anything to challenge the shiny coffins (automobiles) and I’m a happy chappy.

In this regard, auto versus bike, a student of mine, Hari Lila, recently sent on Facebook a picture of a person in a car and a person on a bike, the caption for the two read something like this:

This burns money and makes you fat.

This burns fat and saves money.

Point well taken.

There is another method which helps in the process of reducing fat. Kirtan. I was blessed to deliver the Gita message today from verse 2.40 which encourages a little by little devotional efforts to God. And then I was blessed to honour the great feast, and then finally to lead one of those sweaty kirtans.

Initially when I entered the kirtan hall, I saw a group of people sitting down and chanting, but butts will go off the floor as soon as the mic is lead to me. It was agreed upon beforehand that I would lead when ready. So, legs started swaying, all started dancing, yes indeed the sweet sweat began. We all dumped some fat.

3 KM

No comments: