Wednesday 26 February 2014

Tuesday, February 25th, 2014

Crying For Him
 
Mayapura, India

This gem in the form of a small pocked-size book came my way by the author.

Kancana-Valli, the author, was born in Newcastle, England and became a devotee of Krishna at age 20.  In order to create this book, she apparently adopted the profession of a bumblebee- “collecting nectar from the divine flowers adorning Vaishnava literature”.

Kindly, she gave me a copy of this new release and I don’t think she’ll mind me sharing some contents, worthy stuff for thought.  By the way, the book is called, “Crying for Krishna”.

Awaken within me the ability to concentrate.

Within attention are the seeds of love.

Help me to become fascinated by how you appear in sound.

Remind me that I will get out of my spiritual practices what I put into them.

Consider me Your servant, patient, property and instrument.

Enable me to tolerate my weaknesses and shame and not run away from them.

Let me live and die, in full consciousness of the glory of Your love.

Thank you, Kancana, for this treasure.

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: