Sunday 6 April 2014

Friday, April 4th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

Fun Pun

I did not go outside the walls of the ashram building today.  It doesn’t mean I was confined, as in prison.  I was joyfully locked in with service – and service of a different kind.  I’m speaking about theatre.  The dramas!  The directing! The performance!  I put several hours into our practice of the drama, Little Big Ramayan.  Doing “plays” is a marvelous creative outlet.  And it’s approved (rather, receives blessings) by the previous acharyas or teachers in the line of devotion.  In fact, our guru, Srila Prabhupada, loved dramas that have a spiritual message.  He went so far as to say that the play is better than the book.  He loved the theatre and even acted when as a student in his college years, he played the role of Adwaita, a close associate of Sri Chaitanya, father of kirtan in the modern age.  Our guru also liked Charlie Chaplin.  He would not go out of his way to the cinema, mind you, he wouldn’t have anything to do with extreme mundane entertainment.  Once, on the plane, he had a few chuckles watching the guy with the funny stick, hat and moustache

Now, speaking of fun, what about pun?  Someone sent me from a facebook source, a list of puns called, “Punography”.

Here’s are some real dillies:


I tried to catch some, I mist

A guy I know is addicted to brake fluid.  He said he can stop any time.

How does Moses make his tea?  Hebrews it.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, then it dawned on me.

The girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I never met herbivore.

I’m reading a book about antigravity.  I can’t put it down.

I didn’t like my beard at first, then it grew on me.

How do you make holy water?  Boil the hell out of it.

When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble. 

What does a clock do when it’s still hungry?  It goes back four seconds.

I wonder why the baseball was getting bigger, then it hit me.


May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: