Tuesday 20 May 2014

Saturday, May 17th, 2014

Toronto / Wawa, Ontario

Freedom Ended?

Fil came to me for a hug and then I asked him if he wanted to spend his last moments of freedom for a three kilometer hike with a monk.  He said most abruptly, “Let’s go!”

It was just a literal four hours from when he was to ‘tie the knot,’ so to speak – get married.  He was going to be the lucky bride-groom to Sukayanti, a devotee girl from Israel.  Their Vedic wedding would be at 10 AM.  They already had their official marriage last fall but considered that the real exchange of vows was in the temple before family, friends, and God.

So Fil and I ambled along Roxborough, then south on Yonge where we met a group of five young guys at Davenport.  They had been up all night, were ‘pissed,’ as the saying goes, and smelt like a combined brewery and tobacco farm.  They were awfully friendly though, and curious.

I volunteered to talk and we walked southbound on Yonge.  I told them we were walking and meditating.  “What are you doing?”  I volleyed to them.  Half embarrassed, and half in twilight zone, they answered what they could.  I told them about Fil getting married.  One of the guys animated with his face a melted heart.  Then another jokingly asked, “Did you have a bachelor’s party?”

“Yeah, we’re having it right now!”  I expressed.  At Bloor we separated as they received a Krishna parting from us.

Fil and I returned to the ashram/temple.  He got busy while I started to prepare for the journey to complete my fourth cross-Canada walk.  At speech time, I like others, was given one and a half minutes, to say something.  The short of that was, “A marriage is a sacrifice where two people had freedom and now share space.  According to 3.10 of the Bhagavad-gita, sacrificing is for humans and super-humans (demigods) with end result being happiness.  So be happy in a spiritual-centric relationship!”

Fil and Sukayanti – congratulations!

May the Source be with you!
 
5 KM

No comments: