Thursday 1 May 2014

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014

Lacrosse, Florida
 
Who Am I?
 
Paul Gauguin was known to have signatured some of his finest works of art, captions like, “Who Am I?”  “Why Am I Here?” and “Where Am I Going?”  It’s the same profound remarks about quest that my artist friend, Adideva, slaps onto his thought provoking art display pieces which he takes around to art shows and now, Festival of India events.  These smart art sculptures are featured in different localities like Nashville and New York.  Now, he’s offering to go to Canada with these unique statements of art based on the Bhagavad Gita philosophy.  That’s one of the reasons he brought me to his studio as the Canadian connection to the Festival of India, apart from being just a nice guy.  He has lined up in his studio hundreds of Buddha, Jagannatha, Narasingha and Ganesh, which the public loves to purchase as talisman good luck pieces.
 
Adideva, as I mentioned, is a super nice guy who likes to share this higher consciousness and thought provoking questions with as many people as possible in a world which has a growing interest in protection from fear and evil.  Thank you, Adideva, for sharing your beautiful bhakti works.
 
Today I did trek the 5 KM stretch to and from the local ISKCON Centre where I spoke about protection from evil.  And let us bear in mind that it’s evil which is more dominant within than without that we need to address.  I had the honour to speak at a second session, a basic Q&A’s at the Krishna House in Gainesville.  Time was very demanding today, and if I didn’t have my walks dispersed between visiting obligations, then I might turn more evil than I already am.  There’s enough of that in me already.
 
Pace yourself, balance yourself, monitor yourself.  And on top of that, ask, “Who am I?”
 
May the Source be with you!
 
9 KM

No comments: