Wednesday 2 July 2014

Monday, June 30th, 2014

Ottawa, Ontario

The Microphone and Camera


The microphone and camera were right there, in front of me.  The interviewer asked how I made out on the flight from Vancouver.  Serious problems arose from the hydraulics on Air Canada. 

I answered, “Everything was quite calm.  The pilot was updating the passengers in a very reassuring tone.”

Question, “How did you react when you were informed about the mechanical difficulties?”

“It gave me the opportunity to be more meditative, to chant more mantras for protection.”

Question, “What are you doing in Ottawa?”

“I came  to visit to participate in the Canada Day festivities along with the Krishna community here.”

Question, “Is it good to have your feet back on the ground?”

“Yes, I just completed my fourth walk across Canada, and so I’m very much a man of the ground.”

Interviewer, “Thank you very much.”

“Thank you, and enjoy the day to come.”

This night I couldn’t sleep, not until 2 AM.  The reason – I hadn’t walked today.  I wasn’t tired enough.  This night (I found out later) the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) aired the interview on the 11 PM news. 

During my attempt to sleep, I decided to phone Dana, my friend, who has covered over 18,000 km on foot over the Trans Canada Trail.  His spirit is always up, even though he just recovered from a case of Beaver Fever in the hospital.  It was great to share with him, once again, over the phone, the joys of walking. 

I miss the road, and the people.  Don’t let your spirits get you down, ever.  I think of my guru in this regard. 

May the Source be with you!

0 KM

No comments: