Saturday 5 July 2014

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

Reflections Of


In my afternoon stroll, a break from desk work, the most prominent and endearing thoughts and words of that walk with Patrick, I thought I would share. 

·         Gratitude for the unpaved trails in the city.
·         Let’s keep in the shade as much as possible on this steamy day.
·         There are hundreds of berry trees in this city, Saskatoons and mulberries, ripe and ready, and we sample them.
·         People are darned friendly on the trail.  The green brings out the best.
·         Thoughts of gratitude for Daruka and Karuna who were with me in the just completed 4 th walk across Canada.
·         A  park bench so inviting that can lead to a 7 minute lie down while Patrick chanted some mantras.
·         I have hardly a clue what’s going on socially and politically in the world due to being away from it all – walking.  No regrets – in fact, ignorance is bliss.
·         I find myself fortunate when occupied in soft chanting.  Others on this trail don’t have this experience.
·         Upon seeing me, a runner offers pranams (palms together). This I accept on behalf of guru.  I reciprocate with his gesture on the same point.
·         Patrick’s joke:  What did the one cannibal say to the other when he showed up late for dinner?  Answer – Everyone’s eaten. 

May the Source be with you!

8 KM

No comments: