Friday 4 July 2014

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014

Toronto, Ontario
 
When a Blessing Works
 
 
It was considerate of Mathieu and Krishna Dulal to drive me back to home base from Ottawa.  My most and least favourite modes of transportation, namely walking and bussing, were not the preferred options.  Off to Highway 7 (in Ontario) we went by conventional car.  Bless those two guys.  I’m home, I think.  Sometimes I’m convinced the road is my home. 
 
I did fortuitously meet some great folks that asked for blessings today.  I meant to say it was not my intent to meet these people who asked for some benedictions.  Some hours after Matheiu and K. Dulal dropped me off, I dashed for the first opportunity to move my legs.  I went south on Yonge Street.  I was softly chanting on my beads.  While exposing those beads I passed by a pub and a trio of people sat at sipping beer.  There was no window to bar me from communicating with them as it was an open concept pub.  When the woman said, “Oh, a rosary,” this was an opportunity.  I stopped at the remark and backtracked about three steps to address it. 
 
“Actually, these are what’s actually called japa mala.”
 
“That’s interesting,” she said. 
 
“Yes, Hindu and Buddhist followers use these with 108 beads on each strand.  If you’re Catholic, it’s a rosary with 54 beads.”
 
“You pray something different on each bead?” the woman persisted with curiosity.
 
“Basically, you stick to one mantra which you repeat for each bead.”
 
One of the men said, “Well, God bless you.” 
 
The woman said, “Can you bless us?”
 
I bore my right hand facing them, as is done in a Vedic blessing, “God bless you.”  They nodded.  I went about my way. 
 
For that, I believe I got blessed.  Not but three minutes later, I heard a voice behind me calling my name.  I knew the voice.  It came from Haridas, my spirit or godbrother.  From here on, we continued the trek on Yonge, chatting and chanting.  Meeting him was a good omen.  I believe to have received a blessing from the threesome. 
 
May the Source be with you. 
 
6 KM

No comments: