Thursday 14 August 2014

Sunday, August 10th, 2014

Vancouver, British Columbia

Free Plum


“Free Plum” read the sign tacked onto the tree trunk.  I guess the reason for the singular and not the plural to the word ‘plum’ is that it must have been scripted by the tree’s proprietor who doesn’t have English as their first language.  I couldn’t’ find a plum during this morning’s walk at least from the branches overhanging by my walking path.  Those golden balls of juice were visible on the other side of the owner’s fence.

“There will be other opportunities,” I thought while in last for an organic fruit.  Who can blame me?”

Well, I did find another plum tree.  I helped myself to one delicious edible and moved on.  I trekked by more berry bushes, orchard gardens.  The smells emanating from the various growth was phenomenal.  The experience reminded me of a statement by Chanakhya Pandit regarding a dominant plant in a garden known for its fragrance and size and how in the illustrious dynasty of the moon, Sri Krishna had been born taking dominance.

You might say that it’s purely a coincidental situation when I was ear marked to give a class.  It just so happened that the verse from the ‘Bhagavatam’ was centered on the sun and moon dynasties and that Krishna shines through as the dominant person in that lineage.  Cool, isn’t it?

May the Source be with you!

12 KM

No comments: