Tuesday 30 September 2014

Saturday, September 27th, 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Franklin’s Lookalike Spoke

I had asked the fellow dressed like Benjamin Franklin what his favourite quote was.  It is my second visit to the Chariot Festival in Philly, and it being such an historical city, and one of their proud father of the nation, in fact, was Mr. Franklin, whom had an incredible brain.  So I asked him for some wisdom.  The local man in period costume answered my question, “I have many sayings, but my chosen favourite is about talent that is hidden and not put to use is like a sundial in darkness.”

“I like that.  I thank you,” I said.  And then he went to Rome through the booths at the festival which is one block from the steps that the famous icon, Rocky Balboa, ran up and down at the art museum.

I had a chance to hear and see talent from the main stage.  Yadunatha from New York is a standup comedian, who pokes fun at ourselves, the Krishna monks.  He always cracks me up.  Talk about hidden talent.  I don’t happen to know his stage name, but he’s a great entertainer.  Just after his act came a local dance troupe presenting Odissi dance items.  The dancers were good, it just went on too long, leaving the audience with no break.  Then came our group performing “Little Big Ramayan”.  Now, I cannot speak objectively on the performance, but from my side I believe they executed their parts quite well despite challenges such as the slippery floor causing Ravana to fall off the stage.  All the performers had the chance to display their abilities – talent that’s not exhibited unless someone comes along to present the opportunity and discovers something wonderful. 

Regarding walking I believe that in this day of sophisticated mobilization, walking is a hidden talent, we have it in us.  If one gives it a chance, one will see how it benefits us in so many ways.

May the Source be with you!

10 klickaroos.

No comments: