Saturday 6 September 2014

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014

Montreal, Quebec

Original Goddess


My embarrassing low tally for walking kilometres today was not fueled by a seemingly discouraging encounter I had on Saint Catherine’s, but by being busy in devotional service.  Also stacked on top of that was the hot and humid nature of the out of doors.  I was a tad bit intimidated, I’d say, during the sunny hours.  Then came the festival to honour Krishna’s eternal consort, Radha.  The day is called Radhastami.  She was born on this day. 

The Early Morning Encounter
 
At approximately 4 AM, I trekked with japa beads in hand while going west on Saint Catherine’s, when a  prostitute on a street corner made a proposal.  Naturally, I declined and told her that I have my goddess, Radha, whom I’m off to worship.  The lady was persistent and continued to walk by my side until about 2 blocks when we came about a second lady of the street.  Just to get her off my back, I suggested the two women get to know each other and make friends.  The suggestion did not sit well with either.  I picked up speed and left the two to mumble whatever they were saying the French medium, which I couldn’t well understand.  I turned a corner and paced back to our Montreal ashram into a more civilized atmosphere.  Frankly, I had enough with goddesses for the day, except for the Supreme One, who was honoured in style, in Her murtii form in the morning, noon and night.  I had the pleasure to speak twice today on the subject on the supreme balance to Krishna, and to highlight the great compassion She (Radha) has for souls who are struggling in this world.

May the Source be with you!

2 KM

No comments: