Tuesday 30 September 2014

Wednesday, September 24th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

The Grapes In Fall


I grabbed a grape while on the walk
Chewed in time to the stepping Croc
Felt the sun that reds the face
Walked along all o’er the place

Down Dupont, a road so plain
Stepped in stride and felt no pain
Moved those limbs in perfect swing
Like light flight on a feathered wing

I sang a song, a mantra low
Picked up speed and went not slow
I had my heart inside my shoes
There was no need to sing the blues

Chant and trek, trek and chant
I beat the mind which says, “I can’t”
I consumed a meal, mmm…  so good
Tummy’s fire liked the food

We monks ate with appetite
Eating veggies – a sense delight
“Enough’s enough,” we told the cook
Subuddhi had us on a hook

Then step by step I went on foot
The others cycled on the route
I spotted this grape, was so awesome
I imagine it was once a blossom

It hung from vine by a wall
A feature of the season we call “Fall”


May the Source be with you!

10 KM

No comments: