Monday 20 October 2014

Thursday, October 16th, 2014

Tirupati, India

Day of Thought


It was quite the day.  I do enjoy the company of my swami friends, godbrothers.  There are good talks amongst us, with godsisters as well.  We talked philosophically which means we as a group are going deeper into the field of life.

Physically though, anyone amongst us would admit that humidity and heat is intense, and would resort to the use of AC with or without the addition of ceieling fans.  In coolness, there is an eeasier chance of processing information. 

It was quite the day and after talks, I did my walk up and down the veranda.  Then I submitted to my room and plopped my body on one of those fancy Rajasthani chairs.  I reached up for the Bhagavad Gita while acknowledging the wording on the rear side of the book’s cover, “The most widely read edition of Gita in the world.”  I flipped over to verse 13.35.  This resonates.  “Those who see with eyes of knowledge the difference between the body and the knower of the body and can understand the process of liberation from bondage in material nature attain to the supreme goal.”

Further enlightening words arise from the purport:

“One can understand that the body is matter.  It can be analyzed with its 24 elements.  The body is a gross manifestation, and a subtle manifestation is the mind and psychological effects, and the symptoms of life are the interaction of these features.  Yet over and above this, there is a soul.”

Food for thought!

May the Source be with you!

5 KM

No comments: