Friday 7 November 2014

Monday, November 3rd, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

People Walking
 
I could not help but notice a potpourri of people as I stepped southbound on Yonge Street this evening.  It left impressions of people who stood out.
 
The first person: a young man - head protruding forward, not disabled, just bad posture.  Curved bangs for his hair reached the eyebrows He looked sad.
 
The second person: looking chipper, confident stride in his walk. Tall, big boned and head was swaying from side to side. His smile also went from side to side. At the same time, self-absorbed because when I nodded to him, no response.
 
The third person: tall fellow, bespeckled. Noticed me and said, "Yeah!"  Head was tilted. He was puffing on a cigarette. Face expressed beatitude.
 
The fourth person: short, bald man in his seventies (my guess), looked with utmost caution at both sides of the street for oncoming vehicles. Had a slight limp to his walk as he crossed the street.
 
The fifth and sixth: two towering thin chaps with hair gelled upward. Holding hands. Same sex, but are spirit souls. I am not judging them.
 
The seventh: a petite young woman, dark skinned in dark tight attire. Sexy demeanor. She is a spirit soul too.
 
The eighth: a man with large head, somewhat distorted, perhaps homeless. Made me think of Charles Laughton's rendition of both "The Hunchback of Notre of Dame". I remember the film when I was a child. His acting was damn good.
 
The ninth: a young student of UT from India. At peace with himself. Happy to see me. We met before at the ashram. Feeling was mutual. He took my advice to keep coming, keep chanting, keep in the good association of renunciants and devotional people. His name? Nanda Kumar.
 
"Like Krishna" he said of his name. We parted.  Glad to see him and all the people walking.
 
May the Source be with you!
 
7 KM

No comments: