Wednesday 5 November 2014

Saturday, October 25th, 2014

Mississauga, Ontario

Out and A Boot


Michael and partner, Saskia, came to have lunch with me.  Michael and I have been friends since we found each other via internet.  He’s a follower of God.  He also likes the road and walked the expanse of it across Canada.  That’s what we have in common. 

I listened to the time he was in Grand Forks, British Columbia, as he walked through.  I hope he doesn’t mind me saying it.  When a guy asked him where he was from, he said he was from Toronto.

“So how’d you get here?”

“I walked.”

“You walked all the way from T.O.?” said the guy in disbelief (we’re probably looking at 3 – 4 thousand kilometres.   He alerted his friends.  They came over and shouted, “Boot!  Boot!  Boot…”  The town’s custom is that you drink beer from a boot.  So Michael did that.  Actually, he ended up drinking two boots worth, and that pretty much finished his walking for the day.  We had a good laugh as Michael told his story.

Michael went through a lot of personal transformations during that walk.  He helps people currently with addictions and is moving on with producing a documentary of the wisdom you learn from the road.

Michael and Saskia are a great couple.  We parted when I was whisked away for a program where a family was honouring their new house.  A homa (fire ceremony) was held and conducted by priests.  I spoke from The Gita to a full house.  We chanted and then feasted.  In the process, I felt as if I landed in my stomach boot-loads of coconut water.  I was definitely in the mood to walk after that, especially to burn off the calories of the curries. 

May the Source be with you!

6 KM

No comments: