Thursday 4 December 2014

Friday, November 21st, 2014

Houston/Buenos Aires

Snags


A delayed flight in Canada caused me to miss my connecting plane destined for Argentina.  I was surprisingly stranded in Houston.  How to make the best use of a night and day in this Texas city?  Answer?  Call the people I know and ask them to come to the rescue. 

Quick to my plea for help were Pakistani born, Abhay Charan, Shruti, and their daughter Lakshmi.  The family was happy about my being run aground, and of course, I was thrilled to see them.  They took me to the gorgeous ISKCON temple.  As soon as I walked inside, the Bhagavatam Class presenter asked me to come on board, to share the seat and deliver some words to a morning group of devotees.  The theme of the class was “The Principle of Oneness”.  The text which was spoken by the mendicant, Narada, qualified the true meaning of ‘oneness’ on the devotional path; you use your body mind and words, your entire being in your devotional endeavours. 

After a great breakfast (not a sugary one, thank God) we hastily left for Memorial Park, finding ourselves in a setting of natural Texas bush wilderness.  It was a two hour trek on meandering paths with the first hour in wondering wander, the last hour – lost.  That’s okay.  The five of us, including teen, Krishnaya, concluded that the incident helped to increased our prayer.

The flight, now 24 hours after the first due departure also met with a snag.  The break mechanism on United Airlines flight 819 needed repair.  Just after we all sat down and boarded, we were asked to deplane, and then waited for a new aircraft to pull up.  That ordeal took another four hours.  So, here’s the challenge: you’re a day and a half late and  you’re required to put on a production for Festival De Los Carros in Buenos Aires.  I did meet the happy crew who were to be my actors, techies, proppies, and everyone else.  God’s mercy!

May the Source be with you!

10 KM















No comments: