Thursday 4 December 2014

Monday, November 24th, 2014

Buenos Aires, Argentina

My Big Brother and I


My spirit brother, or what we call, god brother, goes by the name of Hridayananda Goswami.  He first became a monk under our guru’s mentorship back in 1969, if I’m not mistaken.  This morning he and I collaborated together.  Although miles away, Hridayananda was present with us in the temple room through Skype.  Still, I would say the event was totally mystical because two people, a couple who are undergoing a transformation of sorts, Marcello, who takes active roles in the dramas I bring to Buenos Aires, and his wife, Guadelupe, had decided to make a commitment towards spiritual advancement this very day.

Sitting by a fire yagya, the two expressed their vows to respective gurus, Hridayananda Goswami for her, and myself, Bhaktimarga Swami, for him.  It was both Marcello and Guadelupe who desired to make their vows announcing before their present well-wishers and friends, the reason for taking vows. 

In a brief paraphrase, here’s what they said, “To boost compassion, you accept a life of vegetarianism.  To enhance austerity, one avoids intoxication.  To be clean in both body and mind, you adopt the lifestyle of no illicit sex.  And to embrace the principle of truthfulness, you abstain from gambling.”

Guadalupe and Marcello were quite content with their new names.  Just after the fire ceremony, their family and friends already began calling them by their Sanskrit names.  Guadalupe is now Govinda Lila and Marcello is now referred to as Matsya Lila. 

It was a pleasure dealing with team player, Hridayananda Goswami.  He is my big brother.

May the Source be with you!

4 KM

No comments: