Friday 19 December 2014

Saturday, December 13th, 2014

Toronto, Ontario

Not Bored


The seductive woman, the boy smoking dope, the ungratified corporate man, the hungry grizzly, the curious kid wanting to know if I could walk on water, the generous donors in the poorest town in Canada – these were the people and entities I talked about from cross-country treks before a group of people.  It was the second day to talk to a Russian speaking group.  It was inspiring to see their enthusiasm as they listened.  Except for the three kids, the 8, 9 and 10 year olds, who admitted to being bored, all else were quite perked up.  Believe me, I take no offense to kids and their remarks. 

After three months of silence from Dana, the trekker who vied for challenging the cross-country trail, I had succeeded in reaching him by phone.  Last month he had completed 20,000 kilometres on that trail.  He told me he’s in great shape, and has been doing speaking engagements on the glories of walking.  He also informed me about his receiving sponsorship from Keen, the shoe company.  It will be a great day to meet him in person.  We are trying for that.  And as I get enthused in hearing what he is doing, he mutually gets inspiration by my efforts.  There is a walking bond going on here, even though we’re thousands of miles apart from each other.

As I completed my phone call with him, I was in the airport at the time, waiting for a flight to Edmonton.  A fellow by the name Ahmed, asked if he could sit next to me.  My robes struck his enthusiasm, or his inquisitiveness, and so he then expressed his wish for spiritual input into his life.  Like many people, he is feeling a vacuum.  This sparked a fulfilling conversation which continued until it was time to line up for boarding. 

Not everyone was bored that I met today.  It was more like one long ribbon of exchange with motivated people. 

May the Source be with you!


3 KM

No comments: