Friday 19 December 2014

Sunday, December 7th, 2014

Vancouver, British Columbia

Travel Easier


The urge to walk is especially enhanced when failing miserably the day before to doing any trekking.  I tried making it up today and managed to jaunt by taking my usual route – an ultra flat district in profitable delta rich agricultural plots of land. 

There, and in my walking, in those two installments, companions and I had sweet talks in touching the three phases of time – past, present, and future.  I imagine most conversations anyone ever had embody actions  that have already been executed, aspirations for the future, and also being very alive and present. 

I had said something about life in a depressing commercialized Christmas atmosphere before I devoted my life to monasticism.  I also asked other about personal projects coming ahead.  And for the here and now, well, “How are you doing with your sadhana?” becomes a natural question.  In other words, are vows to a veggie lifestyle faring well, how is your japa (mantra meditation) doing lately?  Is regulation in these and other departments doing well? 

With the two groups of people I had trekked with, taking substances is not even an issue.  At least I give the benefit of the doubt, so I need not inquire about that.  Everyone naturally has their own life to live, and such subject matter is really just their own business.  Still, as someone senior in years to the others walking with me, and me being the more monk/guru figure, I may ask out of genuine concern.  How safe are we leading our life?  Principles and promises are generally for our protection. To follow the path of dharma we’re going to obey and observe the signs that make our travel in this life easier. 

May the Source be with you!

7 KM

No comments: